Spartan Law

What we did


Walt Disney



Application for Work Permits

Application for Work Permits

What is a U.S. work permit?

Schedule a call

What is a U.S. work permit?

Also known as “work authorization,” "employment authorization document," or “EAD,” a work permit usually may only be granted in conjunction with a pending application for some other type of relief or benefit, such as asylum, adjustment of status, NACARA, etc.

Work permits do not give permission to be in the U.S.

Contrary to popular belief, a work permit, employment authorization document, or EAD, does not give its holder legal permission to be present in the U.S. A work permit simply allows a person to accept work.

There is no such thing as a stand-alone work permit.

Work permits are only available in conjunction with an immigration status that you already hold, or in conjunction with an application before USCIS for an immigration status. Common immigration statuses / applications include:
- Asylum
- Cancellation of Removal
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Adjustment of Status to Permanent Residency
- Spouses / children of certain temporary visa holders

No items found.
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed eleifend neque pulvinar."
Kelsey Baine
Walt Disney

Our approach

Our immigration lawyers help clients get work permits by accurately completing the application form, and submitting it to USCIS with the appropriate filing fee.

First Preference EB-1

This preference is reserved for persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics; outstanding professors or researchers; and multinational executives and managers.

Second Preference EB-2

This preference is reserved for persons who are members of the professions holding advanced degrees or for persons with exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, or business.

Third Preference EB-3

This preference is reserved for professionals, skilled workers, and other workers.

Fourth Preference EB-4

This preference is reserved for “special immigrants,” which includes certain religious workers, employees of U.S. foreign service posts, retired employees of international organizations, noncitizen minors who are wards of courts in the United States, and other classes of non-citizens.
Start the conversation

Let's start building binge-worthy experiences for your customers

Schedule a call